DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

February 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Roger Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:48:25 -0500
Mark,

Appreciate your good analysis!

Lately we have been specifying a .06mm oversize.  The board houses we use will do a .05mm oversize (but we try to give them as much as we can) with a .1mm sliver (I have went as small as .075mm, but $$$ go up).

Interesting what the mfgrs are working on for the future.  One is working on .038mm SM oversize, and another is working on a .05mm solder mask dam.  This is emerging technology, but we can see where they are heading. Cool stuff.

Best Regards

Roger M. Stoops, CID+
Trimble Navigation Ltd., Dayton, OH, USA
Ph: +01 937.245.5288
Fax: +01 937.233.7511