DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Mitch Morey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:34:14 -0800
Hi James,

I've never got a "footprint" pattern from JEDEC, have you? I've gone to
the JEDEC site to see package dimensions, but I never understood them to
have land patterns or footprints for the packages. I've never known them
to be invloved with the manufacturing side of the packages, only the
packages themselves. Am I wrong? If I am, would someone please tell me
where they hide the footprints?

I think it's great that an organization is finally trying to convince
the manufacturers to "use" a standard package, and I'm still hoping IPC
can convince all us designers to use their land pattern standards. We'll
see. ;)

TIA.

Mitch