DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Steve Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2007 07:37:27 -0700
Speaking of carpal tunnel, I have spent hundreds of dollars on interface devices to alleviate the pains associated with the long hours of designing on the computer, and would recommend the Evoluent keyboard and vertical mouse to those who share the same problems.
  http://www.evoluent.com/

  If your a Mentor PadsPCB designer, you will appreciate that the PgUp and PgDn keys are on both sides of the keyboard, allowing you to zoom in or out of Pads with either hand.
  Also, the number key pad is on the left side, allowing the mouse to be closer to you in a more natural position...(for all you right hand mouse users).
  The keystroke action is also very comfortable...very positive.

  With the vertical mouse, your hand is resting in a natural position on the side of the mouse with your open hand facing you.  It was very easy to get used to.

  Also, for recording macros or repetitive keystrokes, I would recommend X-Keys Desktop programmable keyboard.
  http://www.x-keys.com/xkeys.php

  I would like to here from others who have had similar experiences or recommendations.

  Steve Rose,
  PCB3D.com

Jeff Seeger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Brooks,Bill wrote:

> snip <

> I am one of these 'grey beard' types...

Heh - bet my beard's longer LOL.

I lurk because prior traffic on these forums, and Windows CAD system
interfaces, have conspired to give me enough carpal tunnel to reduce my
recreational posting. I try to add something if I see a point being
missed
but as George points out sometimes it's many hours later.

Best regards,

--

Jeff Seeger Applied CAD Knowledge Inc
Chief Technical Officer Tyngsboro, MA 01879

  Steven Rose
Printed Circuit Board Design Engineer
  PCB3D.com

607 346-2016 (Cell)