DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 06:17:48 -0500 (EST)
Pat

     We use quite a bit of CEM1 for our high volume single sided through hole
boards.  The only problem we have with it is warp and twist.  So I would be
not want to use it for SM if I had any discrete parts larger then 1206 due to
a greater CTE.

     We have also used the V notch on the break-a-ways.  Do to the extrem
bending of the board to break these apart I would not use them with SM
either.

     The V notches work well on our through hole boards but we had to spend
some time with our assembly people to teach them the proper way to break them
apart.

Pete Holden
Coin Acceptors
ST Louis MO