DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2009

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Andre Demers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:33:43 -0500
Hi Gary ,

We mark on our drawings a simple note :
Total resistance of each line must not exceed xx ohms.

However , we usually design the board with this in mind and we
know in advance what the limits are, so there are fewer surprises this way.

It's normal that the resistance is lower on the outer layers since the
plating adds another once of copper.

If your fabricator can't check DC trace resistance ,then I suggest you find one who can.

Best Regards,

Andre Demers C.I.D.
Senior PCB Designer

cmrsummit Technologies