DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2012

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Andre Demers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2012 14:30:03 -0400
I've used Scicards Encore-PCB, Pantheon, Mentor Board Station, Pads-PCB
, Expedition and Cadence. Even though my experience on Cadence is
limited , I don't like the interface.

IMO they all have their strengths and weaknesses, but there are certain
boards I'd rather do in one software than the other...
I like using Pads for the lower tech boards , but when the part count
starts getting into the thousands, I prefer Expedition.
I'm currently designing a board that has over 5000 parts and almost
24000 pins , plus all the net length restrictions and I'm glad that it
is being designed using Expedition and not Pads. Expedition just has
more features when it comes to doing really complex boards.

Andre Demers CID+
CMRSummit Technologies