DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2011

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Hausherr, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2011 18:14:59 +0000
Arlene,

I too have used +/-10% for PCB finished thickness tolerance for the past 25 years. That was passed down to me from the PCB manufacturer's that I have used.

The IPC-2221A section 5.4.1 "Dimensions and Tolerances" refers to the new IPC-2615 for Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDAT). Unfortunately I have most of the 2610 series except 2615, so I can't verify if what you're looking for is in there, but here is the list for the IPC-2610 series -

IPC-2611 - Generic Specification

IPC-2611 - Generic Requirements for Electronic Product Documentation

IPC-2612 - Sectional Requirements for Electronic Diagramming Documentation (Schematic and Logic Descriptions)

IPC-2613 - Sectional Requirements for Assembly Documentation (Electronic Printed Board and Module Assembly Descriptions)

IPC-2614 - Sectional Requirements for Board Fabrication Documentation (Printed Circuit board Description Including Embedded Passives)

IPC-2615 - Sectional Requirements for Dimensions and Tolerances

IPC-2616 - Sectional Requirements for Electrical and Mechanical Part Descriptions (Specification and Source Control Part Descriptions)

IPC-2617 - Sectional Requirements for Discrete Wiring Documentation (Wire harness, Point to Point and Flexible Cable Descriptions)

IPC-2618 - Sectional Requirements for Bill of Material Documentation (Complete Listing of Parts, Materials, and Procurement Documents)

Tom