DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Barry Viggiano" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 15:19:17 -0500
Ladies and Gentlemen,

In the near future, my company, Sensis Corporation will be taking a
fresh  look at the Layout, Route Editor and Schematic Capture Tools.
Possibly jumping from the Unix enviroment into the PC world or maybe
a mix and match.

I would like to hear from present designers on how they feel about
their software packages. How about in the context of Pro's and Cons
of your tool and/or " if only my package had_______".

Secondly, If anybody would like to take a stab at debating  Unix
vs PC. Why one would be  the choice over the other given the PC has
grown so much more powerful in the last few years.

Lastly, please send your replies to me  unless it is
without objection to the IPC to have them listed here.

Barry Viggiano
PWB Designer