DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Mitch S. Morey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 11:26:38 -0700
To Barry and others,

I personally find the Veribest web calculator site a bit confusing and limited.
What if I have a 10 layer using buried microstrip and stripline (not dual or
"balanced" as you like to say) and using 50 ohms and 75 ohms on the same layer?
A better web site is at www.automata.com/tools. Yours is ok maybe for your own
organization, and for others, IF it's verified by whomever will sign up to fab
the board. I would never make and impedance assumption without verifying my
values with what my fab house will be working to.

Good first cut though. I hope you have time to continue on with this site.

Mitch Morey
Sr. PCB Designer
TRW, Inc.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
Phone: (310)814-5765
Fax:   (310)812-4949
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]

                              ((o o))

     PCB layout is like fine art. You have to DIE to be famous!
                             (_)   (_)