DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
David Ricketts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:21:54 -0800
Paul,

Use the board outline for the whole board, including the flex. The flex
layers are sandwiched between the rigid layers, and are the size of the
entire board. Use a documentation layer, I called it rigid, to define your
rigid outlines. Use the rigid outlines on the fab drawing for dimensioning.
These outlines can also be used on the gerber files for the rigid only
layers, if you wish. Don't forget to add tooling holes for each rigid
section.

I used PADS for a 7 section, 8 layer, multi-impedance rigid-flex, it folded
up inside a box, and the rigid layer was the only additional documentation I
needed.

David Ricketts

Pertek Engineering
Voice: 949-475-4485