DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 1998

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
john balchunas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 18:15:37 -0500
Designer Council Forum Subscribers,

I am looking for my first, full-time PWB design job.

I am an IPC Certified PWB Designer with 14 years experience as a EE and
Mfg Engineer in SMT and T/H circuit board assembly.

I have prepared myself for this new profession through IPC training,
by investing in CAD/CAM software, designing boards at home, working
closely
with PWB Suppliers and visiting their East and West Coast facilities to
learn the board fabrication process.

My capabilities include the ability to run impedance calculations,
define land patterns, padstacks and lay-up, generate output for
manufacturing automation, and provide complete procurement
documentation.  I do not require close supervision and I am a highly
motivated self-starter.

Relocation to either the West Coast, Rocky Mountain States or Northern
Tier of the U.S. would not be a problem.

Please contact me at [log in to unmask] if you, or someone you know,
might have an opportunity for me to do the design work that I
have prepared myself for.

Thank you,

John Balchunas
IPC Designers Council Member
Southern New England Chapter

>>>John Balchunas' Resources for PWB Design:

General,
IPC-D-275 Design Standard for Rigid Printed Boards
IPC-SM-782A Surface Mount Design and Land Pattern Standard
IPC-RB-276 Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards

High Speed,
IPC Designer Council High-Speed Design Course Materials
IPC-2141 Controlled Impedance Circuit Boards/High-Speed Logic Design
Rogers Microwave and Polar Instruments Controlled Impedance Calculators

Manufacturability,
ZYCON and HADCO DFM Guidelines
IPC Designer Council Design for Test Course

CAD/CAM Tools,
OrCAD Capture 7.01
OrCAD Layout Engineer's Edition 7.10
WISE GerbTool 7.1.1

Trade Journal Subscriptions,
Printed Circuit Design
Printed Circuit Fabrication
Circuits Assembly
SMT Magazine

Internet Forums,
IPC TechNet
IPC DesignerCouncil

Membership,
IPC Designer Council, Southern New England Chapter

>>>John Balchunas' Resume:

John Balchunas
118 Nancy Lane, Meriden, CT  06450
203-237-9605

Objective:
Senior PWB Designer

Skills Summary

PWB Design -

IPC Certified PWB Designer.  CAD/CAM experience on Windows95 platform
using OrCAD Capture 7.01, OrCAD Layout Engineer's Edition 7.10, WISE
GerbTool, and controlled impedance calculators by Polar Instruments and
Rogers Microwave Division.  High-Speed layout considerations per IPC-
Hartley course materials.  Manufacturability by design per IPC and PWB
Supplier guidelines.

Assembly -

Ten years experience as Manufacturing Engineer for surface mount and
through hole circuit board assembly.  Accomplishments of 1997 include
$500,000/yr cost savings, soldering quality up 37% from last year,
3,000,000 component placements per month - up 28%, yields at Test: 92%.

Engineering -

Four years experience as Electrical Engineer designing amplifiers,
filters and DC-DC converters for Measurement-While-Drilling oilfield
applications.  Eight years prior experience as Engineering Technician
for MWD and  Diagnostic Ultrasound systems.

Education -

BS Electrical Engineering,  University of New Haven, Connecticut

Membership -

IPC Designers Council, Southern New England Chapter

Publications -

"Convection Oven Programming",  Circuits Assembly Magazine,  December
1996,  pp.  34 - 36

"X-Ray Verifies SMT Process for Through-Hole Connectors",  Evaluation
Engineering Magazine,  September 1994,   pp.  100 - 103

Experience -

1993 - Present
Senior Manufacturing Engineer, IPC Information Systems*, Westbrook, CT

1988 - 1992
Manufacturing Engineer, Teleco Oilfield Services, Meriden, CT

1984 - 1988
Electrical Engineer, Teleco Oilfield Services, Meriden, CT

1982 - 1984
Senior Engineering Technician, Teleco Oilfield Services, Meriden, CT

1976 - 1982
Engineering Technician, Picker International, Northford, CT

*IPC Information Systems is not an agency of the Institute for
Interconnecting and Packaging Electronic Circuits (IPC).