DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (Karl Bates)
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 07:56:55 -0500
Northern Illinois IPC Designer Council Meeting
Holiday Inn 860 Irving Park Road, Itasca, Illinois 708-773-2340
April 30th, 1996 @ 6:00 p.m.
Refreshments will be provided
Door prize awarded to one lucky winner !

"The value of RS-274-X and IPC 356D - The Flawless Conversion of  Design
Data to PCB's"

Creating a partnership between the PCB engineer/designer and the PCB
Fabricator is an important success factor to almost any electronics company.
Recently, new tools have become available to the PCB designer in order to
better insure the smooth and flawless conversion of design data to
manufactured boards.  One of these tools is RS-274-X commonly called
imbedded apertures. The March issue of Printed Circuit Design states, "Two
good reasons for upgrading to RS-274-X are time and money".  These reasons
near and dear  to all of our hearts.  Implementing RS-274-X can positively
impact both the design and manufacturing sides of the PCB quality equation.

Another tool available to the designer and of great importance to the PCB
fabricator is net list data in the form of IPC 356D or a neutral file.
Again,  Printed Circuit Design Magazine in it's June 1995 issue states, "The
most important missing link is probably net intelligence.  The net list
drives the entire design process, but it is discarded when Gerber files are
created. If we spend all this time designing a PCB from the front end, why
do we throw it all away when we produce Gerber?"  Although a very general
broad statement , it does emphasize the value of net list data derived from
the original  schematic design.  Both designer and fabricator can benefit
from such data by catching design or manufacturing areas at the front end of
the process instead of the back end when errors are orders of magnitude more
costly.

Key personnel from DEH Printed Circuits will present information related to
both of the above topics. DEH is a quick turn manufacturer of complex
printed circuit boards located in Elgin, IL.  DEH produces 4 to 20 layer
boards in as little as 24 hours.  The company has been in business since
1986 and it's customer list includes companies such as Motorola, Allen
Bradley, Rockwell, Teradyne, Zenith and Northrop.

Please join us at our next meeting to hear and discuss information on this
important topic.  The meeting will be held at the Holiday Inn 860 Irving
Park Rd. Itasca, Illinois.  It is on Irving Park road, east of Rohlwing rd.
(old Rt. 53) If you need a map call Karl Bates.

Please RSVP because seating is limited.  Either email or call. (email
preferred)

Ron Bonninger - President DEH Printed Circuits
(708) 468-0001
Karl Bates - President Northern Illinois IPC Designer Council
(708) 898-4596 x346 [log in to unmask]
Char Dwyer - Secretary / Treasurer Northern Illinois IPC Designer Council
Ken Lill - Vice President Northern Illinois IPC Designer Council
(847) 797-6159