DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"J.Verhagen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:31:57 +0200
Out of the replies, I conclude that the ground plane is the best solution. I
agree with this. However what is you have a 2 sided board. Is shielding then
improving for traces that have to carry very low analog signals to high
impedance inputs (e.g. FET OP Amp inputs)? Or, is in this case, a clearance
of 2 times the linewidth better.

What is than better in topology? Connecting to ground every 1" or leave as
an open end and connect at the driver side. What clearances and linewidths
should I use for the shielding trace.

Also I noticed an opinion about guard bands mirrors Jeffrey's. Can anybody
tell me more about this.

best regards,

Joachim Verhagen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
consulting engineer, EASEurope B.V. [http://www.easeurope.com]
Goorseweg 5, 7475 BB Markelo, Netherlands, tel. +31 (0)547 - 367 347