DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

November 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Matthew Lamkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:23:46 -0000
Hello, can anyone (preferably from the UK) point to what current schematic drawing standards there are?

I'm not talking about what symbols should look like as I have EN60617-2 for that, but more
for how to present a drawing I.E. not to have more than 3 lines into a junction dot.

Or does a standard not exist for this?

Basically I'm getting completely peed off with the crappy drawings that engineers are sending me
with what I see as many drawing faults in that are not to what I'd call standard ways of doing things.

And being engineers they wont conform to damn all unless I can show them a written standard that
they should conform to.

Grrrr...
Thank you,
Matthew Lamkin.

This email, its content and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may be legally privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please delete and contact the sender on the telephone number +44-(0)1282-717171 or via email return. Unless expressly stated otherwise, and subject to the disclaimer below, this email does not form part of a legally binding contract or agreement between the recipient and Protec Fire Detection Plc. (registered no. 1170489). Registered Office: Churchill Way. Nelson. BB9 6RT. Lancashire. United Kingdom.
Messages sent via this medium may be subject to delays, non-delivery and unauthorised alteration. This email has been prepared using information believed by the author to be reliable and accurate, but Protec Fire Detection Plc. makes no warranty as to accuracy or completeness. In particular, Protec Fire Detection Plc. does not accept responsibility for changes made to this email after it was sent. Any opinions or recommendations expressed herein are solely those of the author.