DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1995

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 09:36:37 -0700
As I read the responses to the QOD 'most
correct' answers, I think we designers could
argue these all day. The problem with the
answers is; "most correct' per what?
Per IPC-D-275 ? If so, then least-
producibility designs would always be
incorrect. PWB design has always been a
series a compromises between board
performance and manufacturability. The best
circuit performance layouts often mean the
least buildable layouts. Good designers
layout PWBs to satisfy both in the best way
possible.  The design specs all leave
marginal zones in which good designers
decide where each design best fits. How do
you test for this?
I'm concerned that the certifications will
be granted to the well-funded, good studiers
and good test-takers, not necessarily the
good designers.

Gary Bauder, Sr. PWB Designer
Amtech, Albuquerque, NM