DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 96 7:16:25 EDT
Three Rivers IPC Designers Council
For Pittsburgh and the Tri-state area

`Everything comes together at the Three Rivers IPC Designers Council'

See us on the WEB at http://www.ipc.org/noframes/3RDC/index1.htm

Contact the 3RDC Steering Committee :

Jeff Imes			         PH 412-349-1811	email :
Jamie Morrow		PH 717-944-9560	email : [log in to unmask]
Ed Pavlock                       PH: 412-967-9700 x3441
Lou Takach			PH 412-688-2574	email : [log in to unmask]
Joseph Zdybowicz	PH 412-772-6552	email : [log in to unmask]

Here is a great way to gain some experience, meet new people,
and help a non-profit professional organization.

The Three Rivers IPC Designers Council is a non-profit organization
that provides a professional forum for information exchange and
technical instruction, while serving to enhance our member's
expertise and abilities in the PCB field.  Our chapter serves
professionals in all areas related to PCB design, fabrication,
and assembly in the Pittsburgh and tri-state area.  All activities,
presentations, and organizational issues are performed by people
who donate their time to help build our technical association.

We need help from people who will like to be a part of building
a professional organization.  The following is a list of
opportunities.  If interested please contact one of our
3RDC Core members listed at the top of this letter.

Thank you for your consideration.

FINANCIAL OFFICER - We will be planning fund raisers and need
   someone with accounting or book-keeping background to help
   with maintaining our bank account, tax records, and books.
   This person will be invited to join our 3RDC Core group.

IPC CERTIFICATION OFFICER(S) - One or two people who are interested
   in IPC Certification and would like to help others achieve
   the same. The Certification Officer will be responsible to
   organize a support/study group to help providing literature
   and sharing experiences with PCB designers in our area.

NEWSLETTER COMMITTEE MEMBERS - Our Newsletter Committee is
   responsible for generating a periodic newsletter to highlight
   chapter activities, member accomplishments, print meeting minutes
   and announcements, perhaps a classified section, and maybe a few
   advertisements to fund printing and mailings.

3RDC-BOM (Board of the Month) COMMITTEE - Our 3RDC-BOM Committee
   is responsible for a monthly designers competition to evaluate
   printed circuit board designs.  The 3RDC-BOM Committee will
   need to create a fair rating system to look at PCBs from an
   electrical, density (routeability), fabricationabilty, and
   manufacturability point of view.  The 3RDC-BOM Committee will
   need to present an award (pin, ribbon, certificate, etc.)
   at our monthly meetings.

MEMBER VOLUNTEER - Assist the 3RDC Core to plan and perform fund
   raising and social functions such as picnics, etc.