DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2009

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Gary Koven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:39:15 -0500
According to the PCB Matrix Forum, PCB Matrix are in the process of adding
Rounded Rectangular Pad Shape as the new RoHS standard pad shape for every
SMT component land pattern.

I'm a PADS user.  To the best of my knowledge, Rounded Rectangular is not an
available FLASH pad shape option in PADS.  If I had to make one today, I'd
shorten the former "Rectangular" pad appropriately, and append associated
copper to create the rounded corners as required by the new land patterns.

I can't speak for the other toolsets but this may be good job security,
perhaps?

Gary M. Koven, C.I.D.
Dynazign, Inc.
Charlotte, NC, USA