DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Mike Tullo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 12:49:39 -0800
Hi,  I am looking for some information from anyone who has experience
using paper based laminates, especially CEM1, on any of their pcb's.  We
are especially interested in using it for a single sided, SM board used
in a telephone product.  Are there any special design, manfacturing, assy
rules?  Does anyone know specific PCB fabricators who are experienced in
using this laminate.
Also,  any experience with "V" scoring?  Our pc assembly department
complains that an earlier experiment with it was too dusty, causing
irritation to the handlers of the pcb's.  This was using FR4 material.
Any suggestions or information on both or either of these topics will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks Pat