DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Michael Martinez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 09 Apr 96 08:09:23 EST
     I am also inquiring about spacing requirements that meet UL approval.
     Please also send me any information that you find.

     Thanks,
     Mike

Subject: UL approval
Author:  [log in to unmask] at SMTPLINK-Micros
Date:    4/8/96 11:22 PM

I am looking for information on the spacing requirements necessary
to meet UL approval.  Can anyone give me a reference on where to
find these specs?

I'm also looking for information on the spacing requirements
necessary for auto-insertion.  I know resistors have to be spaced
120-125 mils apart and radial caps cannot be auto-inserted.  What
about IC's and other parts?  Are the spacings different for
different pick-and-place machines?  What guidelines do you go by?

Thanx for your help.