DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
JaMi Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:39:24 -0700
Jimmy;

May seem like a dumb question, but I gotta ask it:

Did he "plate up" with copper or solder?

Sounds like he may have used solder (tin / lead), which will only carry
about 16% of the current that copper will carry.

 . . . had to ask . . .

Respecting the remainder of the question, I have asked it before in numerous
different manners and in numerous different forums, and have always been met
with dead silence whenever I ask the question.

I will try and dig out the last incarnation of the question, and if I can
find it, I will repost it here, possibly tomorrow.

I still want to know the real answer to that question, from someone
qualified to answer it (as opposed to opinions based on the time of the day
and phase of the moon).

JaMi