DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"UltraCAD Design, Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 06 Aug 1996 10:25:37 -0400
When we design a panel, we design it as if it were a single, large
board.
1. We place the individual boards where we want them through a
copy function (i.e. copy the board several times)
2. then we make sure the individual boards are exactly where we
want them
2. Then we specify where the oblong cuts should be (whether they
are routed or drilled) between the boards
4. Then specify some drill holes in the remaining material between
the boards.  This makes the "breakaway" points easy for the
assy house.

This way the fab house is not directly involved --- we make the
decisions and do the work ourselves

(System we use is Intergraph F1.1 -- the old Cadnetix family)

Doug Brooks
UltraCAD
www.eskimo.com/~ultra/homepage.htm