DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jimmy Blier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:24:53 -0400
Hi Keith,

I'm a (HiWire II and Orcad) user, I'm sorry to report that to my knowledge
no translation are possible from HiWire to anything else.

HiWire to my view is more related to paint brush then any Cad software on
the market. This makes it quite incompatible.  When I looked for a new CAD
software a few years ago, to up-grade from HiWire (hammer and chisel
process) to Orcad. My first goal was to find a software that could be
compatible in any ways...  But no one in the industry knows about HiWire so
even less make a translators for it. :(

What I did is, when a product really active and that it needed frequent
revisions, I re-designed it completely on Orcad, using all the new parts and
and new standards that came with the Orcad software.  Leaving all older
products and all the ones that almost never need revisions to the HiWire
format, knowing that eventually they would all die of old age being replace
by newer products. (Even if it requires me doing some little changes in the
old Cad software now and then...)

Please tell me I'm wrong about this whole thing... I would really love that.

Cheers,

Jimmy Blier
P A R A D O X
S E C U R I T Y        S Y S T E M S