DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Mitch S. Morey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 09:33:53 -0700
I'll just add one small comment. If your board vendor says he can remove your
unsupported inner layer pads, with NO COST TO YOU, and make a reliable board
(remember, what does YOUR design requirement say? Is removal acceptable?) for
you, and you're comfortable, HAVE AT IT! Personally, our fab houses have been
stripping the unused pad on inner layers for years (their discretion) AND do
the pad filleting for no cost other than the cost we pay for using "quality"
fab houses.

>  >One vendor doesn't like to have them because he believes
> >of the possibility of spinning the internal pad since
> > there is no track to hold it in place.

>Louis' reply:
> First time I've heard of spinning pads...Hummmmm
> Smell like...Bovine feces...
>
>Pete's replay:
>      Mooooooooooooo

IMHO,
Mitch Morey
Sr. PCB Designer
TRW, Inc.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
Phone: (310)814-5765
Fax:   (310)812-4949
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]

                              ((o o))

     PCB layout is like fine art. You have to DIE to be famous!