DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2014

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
David Baldwin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 13:16:13 -0700
I have a rigid-flex design that is too difficult to bend and
form.  We have 100 ohm DP's going across the flex against solid
reference planes.  We want to cross hatch the planes in the flex
regions in an attempt to make it more flexible (along with other adjustments).

1. What are the guidelines for cross-hatching the copper (50%,
diagonal, orthogonal?)
2. How badly will it affect the impedance?  Should I keep the copper
solid under the DP's?

Thanks,

Dave