DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:37:10 -0500
Would advise you take some training or bring in an experienced contract
designer for a while to help you set up and to train you. That might cost
more than attending classes but could be more beneficial. Do both if you
have the time and money.
-Chris

                      sjames@TAYLOR-CO
                      MPANY.COM                To:      [log in to unmask]
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      DesignerCouncil          Subject: [DC] Need software help
                      <DesignerCouncil
                      @IPC.ORG>

                        12/11/02 04:18
                                    PM
                        Please respond
                        to "(Designers
                      Council Forum)";
                        Please respond
                             to sjames

Hello All,

We've purchased Mentor Design Capture and Expedition PCB.  We've had the
software for a while and due to work load, I've been unable to spend time
learning it.  Now I need to get up and running pretty quick.  I've looked
into Mentor training but would need to spend almost as much for that as for
the software!!  Is there anyone out there who might be willing to teach me
the basics or point me to another source for help?  The Mentor help files
and tutorial are the "do this, then do that" type with no explanation as to
why you're doing it or any other relational information.  I need to learn
DC and Expedition and create all new library parts for our components.  In
other words, I need help with everything.  I know I'm asking for a lot.
Please contact me off list if you can help.

Thanks!!
Sue James
in the BODY (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF DesignerCouncil. To set a
vacation stop for delivery of DesignerCouncil send: SET DesignerCouncil
NOMAIL Search previous postings at: www.ipc.org > On-Line Resources &
Databases > E-mail Archives Please visit IPC web site
http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm for additional information, or contact
Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-509-9700 ext.5315

815-624-5444

"This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the named
recipient(s).
The information contained therein may be confidential or privileged, and
its
disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited. If you are not the named
recipient, please return it immediately to its sender at the above address
and destroy it."