DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

November 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:39:02 -0800
We have a PCB Design class here in San Diego at Palomar College too. It has
been in existence for many years and has produced a number of new designers
in our area. We need more support and investment from PCB organizations in
the US for education in the colleges and working within the High school
system. If you noticed, they have eliminated things like metal and wood
shop, electronics training, mechanical design and drafting etc... They
aren't producing the inspiration kids need to get into these fields... We
need more technology oriented courses in the schools and less liberal arts
programs... if we want to keep the lead.

Bill Brooks - KG6VVP
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D.+, C.I.I.
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
e-mail:[log in to unmask]
http://www.dtwc.com
http://pcbwizards.com