DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Olson, Jack" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:53:01 -0700
Boy, this has been a rough week....
I have been trying to learn a little more about signal integrity, and I'm
confused again.

Most articles discuss crosstalk in terms of a "hostile" trace and a "victim"
trace, but what I need to look at is 32 parallel traces running about 10
inches. We want to run them as close together as possible, but for such a
long run, do we need to maintain some clearance? We are looking at 5mil
spaces, by the way.

Are traces in the same bus "hostile" to each other?
(Okay, I know I should know this, but I don't, ok?)