DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 96 08:28:21 PST

One of our buyers passed on an article from the January 2, 1996 issue of
Electronic Buyers' News purporting a projected shortage of fiberglass
laminate.  I would like to solicit comments on this subject.

1.  Can the readership confirm or deny the veracity of this rumor?

2.  What is the nearest non-fiberglass replacement for FR-4 material,
and what are the associated availability, performance and cost deltas
between FR-4 and this nearest replacement?

regards,

Gary Koven, PCB Designer
Nellcor Puritan Bennett