DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2008

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
James Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:32:27 -0500
James,

If you look in IPC-2221, 1.4 - you get a definition of 'shall' and 'should'.

Basically, shall is mandatory, and should is non-mandatory.

If it were me, I would add a note to my Fabrication saying something like...

"non-functional pads on inner layers shall not be removed during fabrication."

...or something like that. It then is a specification that YOU are invoking.

Regards,

James Jackson