DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

February 2016

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Mathis, Louis (SSA R4)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 2016 00:48:25 +0000
A 6 mil drill in a 12 mil pad will not meet the design requirements in IPC-2221, paragraph 9.1.1.  Even using the Level C fabrication allowance, the minimum pad would be .0179 plus the tolerance of the drill diameter.

--
Louis Mathis
Member of the Technical Staff