DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Mark Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:26:04 -0500
Is this something that is already being produced?  FR-4 can be made in that
thickness as well as many other materials.  If this board is not in
production yet and the board has no solder mask it seems to me that you
would need at least 1 inch or greater between the 30kv traces and anything
else due to its ability to jump (ESD, I have seen an ESD gun that at 25KV
could jump a 2 inch gap once the air was sufficiently charged)across
conductors.  Also there may be UL requirements if this product has to go
through their processes (For example at 120 VAC minimum spacing is ~0.063"
between AC hot and other conductors). The clear coating could be some form
of conformal coating.  If you need more info let me know.

Mark Ross