DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2012

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Chris Knudsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2012 09:39:58 -0400
We also use Altium.... and I certainly wouldn't choose it as my
front-line sim package.

It _does_ sim, but it initially wasn't designed _for_ sim.

The usability of  the SCH part of Altium is also (in my opinion) weak.
For example, in the demo (is there one?), try placing some parts with
connections, and dragging them around...

Now, the entire package as a whole is very good (great bang/buck), and I
continue paying for maintenance each year (low quantity pcb design for
our small company).

However, Altium is not the most efficient path for just sch capture and sim.

Best of luck,

Chris