DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:49:49 -0700
http://www.aimsolder.com/techarticles/A%20Study%20of%20Lead-Free%20Solder%20
Alloys.pdf

I found this article on CASTIN lead-free soldering alloy...
CASTIN is a combination of copper, antimony, silver and tin. The
nominal composition is 96.2% tin, 2.5% silver, .8% copper and .5% antimony.
It's supposed to be very close in performance to 63/37 tin/lead solder.
They even say it can be used to wave solder. Interesting.

Bill Brooks
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D., C.I.I.
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
http://pcbwizards.com