DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"King, Ron" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 08:31:50 -0500
David,

Hi and thanks for the info.  Yes, there is circuitry onboard however, the
area of compression is an isolated 1 inch circle on one edge.  The potential
problem is the small size of compressed PCB (not much glass-epoxy to
dissipate the energy) and if the base material degrades as a result of
repeated compression.  And I don't believe it matters if the material is or
isn't slightly compressible as long as it's consistent over time.

-Ron