DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 09:55:57 -0700
Wow... Jeff,

I am impressed... Your 'prose' nearly competes with Dewey's puns on
TechNet...(he is quite the 'pun celebrity' over there)

Actually Steve... I think you would enjoy designing boards. After all you
have seen and know about manufacturing you would be a great asset to a
company as a designer... Check into the IPC DC CID program and see if it
appeals to you.

The point I think Jeff was making is that PCB designers are pretty much
central to the process of product development and manufacturing because
every thing they touch has an affect on someone else's requirements or
needs. It is a challenge to keep up with all the different aspects of PCB
design, 'constant learning' is a mode I have come to realize is essential to
surviving in this industry. You need to understand a lot of other people's
jobs and needs in order to design a board that can perform and still fit in
the enclosure, not over heat, survive vibration, meet the electrical
requirements and still be able to be manufactured, built and tested and
serviced...at a profit... heheh... (can't forget the business aspect of
this).

Thanks to you and others I have learned a great deal from being subscribed
to TechNet... and your comments and picture gallery service are very much
appreciated.

Best regards,

Bill Brooks
PCB Design Engineer, C.I.D.+