DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:13:51 -0800
Well we hope that's not an issue George... and we are working to make it
'not an issue'... but I guess it's always the very last option.

The reason we keep trying is we think there is a way we can all work
together and benefit everyone. As long as the designers want us to keep
trying we will. We are there at the table to protect the interests of our
members and to see to it that they get good value for that membership.

I can tell you from what I see that all of the Executive committee members
feel we need to keep moving forward and getting there is going to require
some compromise on the part of the IPC which I'm sure they think they have
been trying to do. We are not shy about telling it like it is... or bringing
it up before the IPC staff.

We hope we never have to deal with splitting up, I only think that would be
a last resort for any of us. The IPC just needs to take a 'walk in our
shoes' for a while and see things from our point of view before choosing a
path that might not have our member's best interests at heart. So far the
IPC staff has been more than helpful and has worked long hours to make the
programs that we have happen and be successful. And we really appreciate the
work they are doing and want to encourage them to continue that effort
because our members need the programs that are being offered. These are our
programs... and we want them to be successful and valuable to our members.

I know from experience that Designers are an 'independent lot' with little
regard for clubs and associations and it is amazing to me how many of us
have actually found 'common ground' and mutual benefit in the Designers
Council. We run it the way Designers want it run... not the way someone else
would run it... I guess that makes the IPC a little uneasy... so be it. We
aren't here to serve the IPC... we are serving our members and from the
feedback I get, we are doing it very well.

Either way we in the executive committee are most concerned with what the
Designers think and need. How events work out is still to be seen. We are
always open to any suggestions you all think we need to bring before the IPC
or even discuss amongst ourselves... That's why we are there working on it
and as you can see, with great passion too. Don't hesitate to let us know
your concerns... that way it gets to the table and not ignored.

I'm glad we have such a great group of talented folks working as volunteers
in this organization... you know who you are and you do us all proud. Andy
K. is an awesome chairman, and he is a great leader. I'll support him all
the way and in any way I can. He has the designers' interests at heart... as
do we all.

Best regards,

Bill Brooks - KG6VVP
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D.+, C.I.I.
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
e-mail:[log in to unmask]
http://www.dtwc.com
http://pcbwizards.com