DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Olson, Jack" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:44:32 -0500
Fortunately, I haven't had to do that yet....

The only way I have heard to do it is to us a .1mm grid and use .1mm spaces
and traces.
With a .5mm via pad (almost 20mils) you can still drill a decent hole, even
though that
is stretching your 7:1 requirement,
and .1mm spaces and traces (3.937mil) is only robbing the board house a
little bit, right?
<grin>
Your board house will moan and groan but say it is do-able
but if you can't get away with that, you will have a difficult time of
it...!

Good luck,
Jack