DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Sally Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:12:50 -0700

Hi all,

A question on the new RoHS gold plating for boards, is anyone flashing
the gold directly to the copper eliminating the nickel bath? I have read
that doing this makes the gold more brittle and it has problems with the
lead-free paste.  Also, is there anything new on the use of sliver
immersion, I read that the tarnishing of stockpiled boards before
assembly could be a good thing?

I know this is vague but the cost of PCB's has risen to 30% since we
have gone to ENIG boards and this makes it tough trying to be profitable
long term. ALL suggestions are welcome (come on you lurkers I need you).

Thanks in advance.

Sally Price

(A fellow Lurker)

Sally  Price