DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Susy Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:56:11 -0600
Hi Jack,
I just asked a similar question of our board vendor and this is the reply I
got.

"My sources tell me the material now common for via filling is a high solids
solder mask material slightly modified. The main difference in this material
and regular solder mask is the solids content and viscosity. These are
adjusted to better allow the mask to fill the holes to a greater depth than
standard mask. The material is also not tinted as solder mask sometimes is.
You will notice that most via filling material is transparent."

Susy
Susy Webb, CID
Sr PCB Designer
Carlo Gavazzi Computer Systens