DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 09:53:53 -0500
Thanks for explaining to everyone how unique my "challenge"
is, but I would think others have faced similar situations.
I'm not really asking anyone to solve my problem for me, and
it this unique application doesn't really warrant buying and
learning a thermal simulator, but it just makes me wonder how
other people treat the problem.
Many people I'm sure have multiple currents on a board.
(I don't think ALL of us are doing 2.5V digital designs)

If you assume the chart or calculator is for a single trace,
and you have TWO traces, do you:
1) use the single trace values?
2) increase the width a little?
3) try to leave space between them?