DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2008

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ray Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 08:17:34 -0700
When we were using components that required hot bar soldering, we gave an
extra 0.1" around the soldering bar.
Whether this is what was required or just what we specified I can't
remember. Its been about four years sine we gave up on hot bar soldering.

My suggestion would be; if it can be done another way, do it.

Ray Johnston
Lead CAD Designer
Rane Corporation
425-355-6000