DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2014

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Robert Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2014 13:23:08 -0400
Juan,
Well you could look at IPC 2221 which has some info about that, or actually IPC spec IPC-D-325 will have more
However if part body is big enough to fit large enough text for readability
in the size document you are printing, Ref Des should be inside body of part for assembly dwg.
Where parts are too small I usually put them as close as possible to where they are placed in silkscreen. Example SOT-23
This helps in inspection etc.
Any silkscreen must be visible when part is installed though.