DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

February 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Matthew Lamkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:38:54 -0000
Hello Joseph,
What software is it that you use for the schematic & PCB layout?
As a beginner to it perhaps you do not actually need to learn to make your own footprints yet as there will undoubtedly be libraries available with them in already.

All you have to do is say which software & which parts your looking for footprints for.
(each software is different, used different methods & different file types).

We might also be able to point you towards a forum or email group that is specific to the software in particular where you can read up more.

Might save you time reinventing the wheel.

Matthew Lamkin.