DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Joe O'Neil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:28:46 -0700
Ron,
We fabricate and assemble pcb's every day and I can tell you there is no
one rule that fits everything. We have a "nipper tool" that places near
zero stress on the components for mouse bite removal. The only
restriction is being able to get to the tab. So we place the mouse bites
where there are no large components near the board edge and we use
almost the entire pcb surface for parts placement. Again, there is no
perfect rule, so you must be aware of board material, thickness, type of
components, panel size, and who is doing the fab and assembly. Sorry
there is no easy answer.

Regards,

Steve Grogan, Operations Manager
Hunter Technology Corporation
2921 Corvin Drive     Santa Clara, CA.  95051
Fax 408-245-6110            www.hunterpcb.com