DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Wynne, Derek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:39:40 -0500
Hi All,

  I have had an inquiry from one of our subcontractors re-measling on
several PCB's that they have just finished stuffing for us. They are looking
for detailed acceptance/rejection criteria. Our subcontractor states that
the IPC specification is a bit vague on this topic and by itself is
difficult to generate acceptance/rejection criteria from.

 Do any of you specify acceptance/rejection criteria for measling on PCB's,
if so what are the criteria and how did you arrive at them ?

I only have a copy of the early IPC-A-600, I am told that there is more
information in IPC-A-600F about measuring, so I will order that, but in the
mean time could someone please have a look at that standard and forward me
the relevant information. I would be very grateful as this is delaying
production for us.

Thanks in Advance;

Derek

As I do not have a copy of IPC-A-600E