COMPLIANCENET Archives

September 2012

ComplianceNet@IPC.ORG

From:
"Harrison, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Health and Safety Compliance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:54:50 -0400
Hi Lee,

Thanks. That was my understanding as well.

However, I am not sure if the risk of the substance being restricted under Article 67 in the future, which I believe would be the overall goal of all SVHC added by ECHA, would trigger a race to change the resistors formula to remove these substances.

I do not know if there are available replacement to resistors composition to replace the usage of these substances though, so maybe an exemption could also be applied under REACH Article 67 if the 7c-I exemption prolongation can be justified. Same justification would apply to both directive.

Regards!

David Harrison | Components Engineering | Kontron Canada | T 450 437 4661 x2257 | E [log in to unmask]

L'information contenue dans le présent document est la propriété de Kontron Canada Inc. et est divulguée en toute confidentialité. Cette information ne doit pas être utilisée, divulguée ou reproduite sans le consentement écrit explicite de Kontron Canada Inc. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu et avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez contacter l'originateur et supprimer toute copie.

The information contained in this document is confidential and property of Kontron Canada Inc. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited without express written consent of Kontron Canada Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message and enclosed attachments.