COMPLIANCENET Archives

1996

ComplianceNet@IPC.ORG

Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 16:22:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everybody!

I am looking for some information about reducing algae and bacterial growth
in process baths.  In the last few weeks, I've had several engineers
propose some rather nasty chemicals they wanted to add to either gold
baths, or photodeveloping baths to stop algae from growing.  Does anyone
else have this problem?  What do you use?  Do you have any concerns about
pass-through to your POTW?

I talked to some guys from DuPont at IPC Expo, and they weren't too
concerned about pass-through.  However, they were selling photochemistry
also!! (Sorry about that, John Lott.  I had to get that in.)

I would appreciate any information, abuse, snide comments, etc.

John Sharp
Merix Corporation
Forest Grove, OR Operations
503-359-9300 (ext. 5-4351)