COMPLIANCENET Archives

September 2012

ComplianceNet@IPC.ORG

From:
David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Health and Safety Compliance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2012 11:03:55 -0500
Hi,

I wanted to get everyone thought on the proposal to ban some Lead compounds in the current SVHC Consultation ending October 18th?

Used in many type of components under exemption 7c-I
11120-22-2 -  Silicic acid, lead salt
1317-36-8 - Lead oxide (lead monoxide)
1314-41-6 -  Lead tetroxide (orange lead)

What would this mean to components manufacturers? If this become a SVHC in December, will they need to change their formula to remove exemption 7c-I? Is this a way to accelerate the removal of that exemption in the industry?

What would be the implication of the addition of these substances for the electronic industry?

Thanks!

Best regards!